Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Open Letter to Maggie, My Second Reader


Dearest Maggie,

Please revisit this site, Mags! (May I refer to you by your familiar?)

When your blog disappeared and you stopped visiting these pages, you singlehandedly removed one half of my readership. I’m left with only Boski, whom I deeply admire and (heterosexually) adore, but I pine for the days when the both of you came calling.

It doesn’t matter to me that the only reason you found this nonsense was because you were Googling “Freret” and thought we might be related. We got past that, didn’t we? And, having stumbled this way, you stuck around and had a few laughs, didn’t you?

I know that you live your convictions well, and as a mature person of good moral character, there is little here to interest you. But where is the harm in occasionally checking in, on the off chance of having a guilty giggle?

Indulge yourself, please. Come back.

Humbly, I am,
B. Freret

1 comment:

Maggie said...

i posted a comment on your last letter last night - you must have been pining away for me even as i was posting it. oh, can i feel the love. i'm back, even though i haven't been posting lately)...i think i need to read some more blogs like yours to get me in a good sarcastic frame of mind to be able to write. :P