Thursday, November 20, 2008

Marketing 2.0?


I mistakenly received a sale circular intended for my neighbor in yesterday's mail, and couldn’t help but take a look before handing it over to him.


WARNING: The language depicted in this photograph may be considered offensive.




NOTE: Click on it and it will get bigger. (The photograph.)


I must confess to being perplexed by the marketing angle. Is this something particular to the music industry, or perhaps some entirely new approach to attracting customers? Is this “Marketing 2.0,” geared toward people with low self esteem?


I do not approve.

Your Humble and Obedient Servant,
B. Freret

1 comment:

Maggie said...

i don't know...kinda makes you want to run out and buy something, don't you think? i mean, realistically, it would be a gun to shoot the loser who thought up this ad gimmick, but hey, anything i can do to help out the economy in my own small way...