Sunday, October 18, 2009

Inventing a Twitter Hashtag: Awesome Things for Sociopaths


I follow Kurt's 1000 Awesome Things on Twitter, for good reason: they often make me smile. Warm fuzzies ensue.

But it dawned on me that the awesome things are all biased toward feel-good items that make reasonably normal people smile.

So what if you're an ass?

Would, say, Niccolo Machiavelli think the same things are awesome that you or I or 1000 Awesome Things would?

I don't think so.

So I created my own hashtag: #MachiavellianAwesome. Some highlights include:

  1. Being armed before all else.
  2. Conferring benefits gradually, so they will taste better.
  3. Doing injury to a man so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
  4. Deceiving the deceiver.
  5. Being feared rather than being loved.
  6. Having legitimate reasons to break ones promise.
Don't sociopaths need a reason to smile, too?

Respectfully, I remain,
Boudreau Freret



6 comments:

kayla dawson said...

Great view/idea about Twitter. I love The Prince. I can never find anyone to talk about him with. I am a single mom who tries to make money with modeling and affiliate marketing, so it is always interesting. Thanks for the post and the hashtag. I will check it out.

Anonymous said...

Dude, it's never a good thing when the comments are funnier than the posts.

Anonymous said...

LOL Uhhh Umm... Ahem... I think that might backfire. Just saying. ~EJ

Ali said...

Lol. Wonderful.

Anna Lefler said...

This. Is. Awesome.

I'm totally using this list. Watch out, holidays.

[heh]

Your blog rocks.

:-D Anna

B. Freret said...

Thank you all!

(Sadly, the hashtag hasn't taken off yet... but I'm still using it!)