Monday, March 01, 2010

The "Creative Writer" Blogger Award

I've been tagged with (another) chain blog post award-doohickey-thingy! You know I'm all about following the rules, so here goes the "doing what I am supposed to" part:

1. Thank the person who gave this to you. (Thank you, John Ridge – I enjoy being tagged with these things a lot more than I probably should, and I'm flattered that you thought of me!)

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you. (You should visit it, too – I love how John thinks and writes.)

4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth - or - switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie.

5. Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies, or who have outrageous truths to share.

6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.


Now for the challenge - see if you can spot the true from the false:

1. I received my (first) Bachelor’s Degree when I was seventeen.

2. In 2000 or 2001, I walked past Kelly McGillis in an office hallway. Take My Breath Away was playing through the building's sound system. As we passed, Ms. McGillis sighed to her companion, "Am I ever going to get away from that song?"

3. My portrait, generously provided by bentoons, is a spot-on likeness, age progressed by (at least) twenty years. (Having this will be handy if I ever go missing: the authorities can simply put this picture on milk cartons and maybe someone will find me.)

4. I have a fan club in Des Moines, Iowa, composed of people more brilliant, talented, and hip than I'll ever be. I am grateful for these people and their fandom, and especially appreciate their questionable taste in writers.

5. I've seen Dokken perform. Twice. With Lynch. Maybe more, I can't say for sure because I don't remember.

6. Also in 2000 or 2001, I was on a very small plane with Leonardo DiCaprio. He was very kind to a young fan (not me) who was also on the flight, and I've admired him ever since. (DiCaprio, I mean.)

7. I think "Kentucky Fried Movie" and “Roadhouse” are two of the best films ever made.

And here are the poor friends I'm passing this challenge on to, in no particular order:

1. Anna Lefler

2. Carolyn Thériault

3. Donna Souder

4. Emily Cleigh

5. Anne Riley

6. Ali Eickholt

7. Jenny Preston

Thanks again, John!

Humbly, I remain,
B. Freret

6 comments:

Anne Riley said...

Hooray! Thanks B! I'm excited about this one. It's one of the more creative ones =)

Eisley Jacobs said...

Hahaha! You have outdone yourself... this is awesome. And I have NO Idea which is a lie or the truth... :) That means you win!!! :)

Anna Lefler said...

Dude, I've always thought you were the creativest.

~ A.

Fragrant Liar said...

Here from Anna's to see if you are really REAL!! And you ARE!

Or so you'd have me believe . . .

Erica said...

Hmmm.... I hope the one about Leo is true, cause I'm such a fangirl for him! I'm sure there are more fan clubs for you than Des Moines ;o)

Congrats on your award!!

emily sparkles said...

a few days late, but super stoked nonetheless! your answers are brilliant and i choose to believe ALL are true. except maybe that des moines one....