Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Cool Color of 9,300 Degrees, Kelvin

Nine thousand, three hundred also happens to be the number of words Julia (Jules) Archer wrote during the Word Count Contest to take the win:

WINNER!

Actually, 9,371. Nine thousand words she wouldn't have had without the contest - I expect a shout-out in the preface, when it is published!

Congratulations to Julia and all the Honorable Mentions: Dustin Hodge, Jenny Preston, Chris Andrews, Rochelle Gregory, and Jo Prescott.



I'm honored to report that I've been given permission to read everyone's work, and I look forward to doing so.

Thank you all for participating! My friend still isn't "finished" with the first draft of his novel, but now he can switch to edit mode, and expects to knock that out in the next couple of days.

Respectfully, I am
B. Freret

3 comments:

Jules Archer said...

Boudreau- what can I say, thanks for the extra push and threatening my life for more words.

And I will def give you props. What good would the world be without them?

Congrats to everyone else!

Chris said...

Congrats, Julia. Congrats Honorable Mentions (it's not self-congratulatory and narcissistic if there are other people in the group, you know). Congrats Boudreau on the well-run and totally epically-scaled contest.

I look forward to kicking everyone else's ass in the next one. ;)

Maggie said...

Congrats! It's been a while since I've been lurking here but I'm laughing just the same. :) good to know things haven't changed.